This 55m steel fast displacement motor yacht was introduced for the first time at "The future is now" Press conference held at the Monaco Yacht Club during the 2012 Monaco Yacht Show. The developers, Van Oossanen Naval Architects, worked towards achieving four goals: to increase range and speed, to enable a fabulous interior design without compromising the performance of the superyacht, to travel faster while using less fuel and to increase performance while reducing environmental impact.
Perry van Oossanen comments: "The 55m marks the 10th Heesen for which Van Oossanen Naval Architects have provided the naval architecture package, and the 4th based on the successful Fast Displacement Hull Form (FDHF). We believe the 55m will set a benchmark in terms of efficiency: Propelling around 600 tons of steel and aluminum at 15 knots with only 600kW of power is quite remarkable."
The creation of the elegant lines of the YN 17255, this new Heesen 55 metre luxury yacht, was the incredible work of Frank Laupman from Omega Architects.
The Heesen 55 metre features vast outdoor spaces with its 70 sq m Owner's private terrace, located forward, and 110 sq m sun deck. At the front of the vessel there's a garage to store the tenders and toys, which are launched from the two gull-wings doors at each side of the yacht; thus, the lazarette can be dedicated to a wide beach club and a gym with a ample swim platform for the Owner and guests to enjoy right at the edge of the sea.
There's generous space for twelve guests to be accommodated in six cabins: the master suite features a side recessed balcony; a full beam VIP is located on the lower deck alongside two twin cabins and double cabins.
This sale represents a huge success for Heesen Yachts, which has been developing impressive vessels since 1978.
- Hull type: Twin propeller, fast displacement
- Naval Architect: Van Oossanen / Heesen Yachts
- Exterior Styling: Omega Architects
- Classification: Lloyds * 100A1 SSC YACHT G6 * LMC, UMS
- Large Commercial Yacht Code LY3
- Hull: Steel
- Superstructure: Aluminium
- Length over all: 55,00m / 180ft
- Beam over all: 9,60m / 31ft 6in
- Draft: 3,15m / 10ft 4in
- Displacement (50% load): 600 tons
- Maximum speed (50% load): 16,5 knots
- Range at 13 knots: 4.500Nm
- Fuel capacity: 100.000 litres / 26.420 US gallons
- Fresh water: 25.000 litres / 6.604 US gallons
- Main engines: 2 x MTU 12V 4000 M53
- Maximum power: 2 x 1.380kW
- Gearbox: 2 x ZF 5356
- Engine control: MTU Blue Vision
- Propellers: Schaffran five blade fixed pitch
- Main Generators: 2 x Kilo-Pak 175kW
- Emergency Generator: 1 x Kilo-Pak 80kW
- Bowthruster: HRP 125kW electrically driven
- Steering system: Litton Marine Systems
- Stabilizers: Naiad Dynamics, zero speed